DMV Select Services
Department of Motor Vehicles Select Services
The DMV Select offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4 PM.
Looking for an alternative to visiting a DMV customer service center? Visit a DMV Select located at both our Downtown and Satellite office.
In the DMV Select program, local governments and private entities contract with DMV to provide select DMV transactions in a secure environment. Each DMV Select partner has online access to DMV, allowing the partner to update customer records immediately, as well as, issue vehicle decals. Last year, our DMV Selects processed more than 60,315 secure transactions.
Note: DMV Select partners conduct secure transactions while you wait. Not all transactions can be completed at DMV Select locations, so check the list below.
- Vehicle titles and registrations: Original (with or without liens), substitute and replacement titles and title maintenance (to change information on title records, adding / removing of names). Original registrations, renewals, transfers, re-issues and plate surrenders
- Dealer title and registration transactions
- License plates: Specialized and personalized plate orders, including the issuance of motorcycle, permanent trailer, truck, and taxicab plates
- Permits and placards: Trip permits and overload permits. Original issue of handicapped parking placards
- Transcript requests: Driver transcripts and vehicle transcripts (helpful for those who apply for job where a driver’s transcript is needed initially, submitted periodically or checked by their employer)
- Return checks: Full or partial payment of return check fees
- Name and address changes: not involving issuance of a drivers license or ID card
- Voter registration applications
DMV Select services are available at the Commissioner of the Revenue and Treasurer's Offices at 2400 Washington Avenue and at 12912 Jefferson Avenue in Newport News.
For more information regarding DMV Select, please visit the DMV Select website, or call 804-497-7100.